Service Administrator - SDAS
Please Note: A Full UK Driving License and Access to a Vehicle is an Essential Requirement.
Full Time - 37 hours per week split between Yeovil and Taunton
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK to overcome substance misuse issues. Your administration skills will make a real difference to the lives of people we work with. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team as an Administrator.
The role is based at our office in Taunton & Yeovil but you may also be required to work from other offices across Somerset. You will need to be flexible and adaptable and be willing / able to travel between each of our offices.
Running services on a not–for–profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care and our people. Develop your skills and career and take on this key role in our Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service and help to make a big difference in your local community
Making sure everything runs smoothly at the heart of our substance misuse services in Somerset, this rewarding role involves support for our clinical team; including generating prescriptions and dealing with everything from newsletters, travel, accommodation and the post to invoices, stationery and petty cash and providing administrative support to our hubs across the county.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a confident communicator who can prioritise a varied workload and provide wide ranging administrative support. You will have the ability to maintain confidentiality, gather management information and meet deadlines under pressure. You must be a superb organiser and supportive team player with keen attention to detail, impressive administration skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel and spreadsheets.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation fromInvestors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.