Senior Support Worker - Tameside
AN EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR SENIOR SUPPORT WORKERS IN TAMESIDE!
Turning Point are about to begin providing support to a number of individuals with Learning Disabilities, and complex health needs across the Denton area. We are now recruiting for permanent and bank staff to add to the dedicated team of support workers across these locations.
Everything we do is aimed at providing the very best quality and person-centred support in the right location at the right time, making a real difference for the people and communities we support.
We are currently looking for a senior support worker to work as part of a team providing support to individuals with Learning Disabilities within their own home; you will either have previous support worker experience or be currently working as a senior support worker in healthcare, mental health, autism, learning difficulties or people with acquired brain injuries.
Everyone is different and so are the people we support: We deliver support around the needs and wishes of individuals and a valued senior support worker, you will assist the Supported Living Manager in maintaining a high quality of support, acting as a role practitioner, coaching and mentoring support workers to ensure the people supported achieve the outcomes identified within their support plans.
We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for a company where we promote independence in a supportive environment
. Where will I be working?
You will be working at one of our 10 supported living locations in Denton. We offer 24-hour support to people with PLMD (profound multiple learning disabilities), autism, learning disabilities, brain injuries, and mental health issues.
We focus on building positive family relationships, offering a strong circle of support. Our primary focus is to support individuals' lives in a person-centered way, including a range of activities from shopping to managing budgets to cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
The level of care required will vary across our services. Some of the individuals we support are quite independent and just need assistance with daily activities; others require more assistance with personal care, medication, mobility and behaviours as well as these daily tasks.
We provide 24 hour support - so flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7am - 2/3pm and 2/3pm - 9/10pm, and also some sleep-ins or waking nights and some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary in accordance with the needs of the individuals we support.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
The role of the Senior Support Worker is to support the management team in supporting the supervision of the Support Worker team in their day to day activities and that new staff are inducted to their roles, including temporary and agency staff.
Taking the responsibility of running the shift as the senior person on duty, supporting people to take their medication, monitoring and recording medication, dealing with individuals’ finances and petty cash, ensuring we are working to compliance and following the organization’s policies and procedures. Senior Support Workers will model their own good practice within the team to ensure a high quality service is provided. It’s a hands-on job so you will also be supporting people with a full range of daily activities, including supporting people with personal care.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
You will have to have Support Work experience, ideally within Learning Disability setting.
You will also be:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
- It would be an advantage if you can use a computer, produce documents in word and use emails
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- A mileage claim scheme
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics