Senior Support Worker - Reevy Road
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people’s lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
Are you currently a Support Worker looking to move up in to management?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would LOVE to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
You will be supporting individuals at Reevy Road Residential Care Home for individuals with Learning Disabilities. You will work as part of a large staff team.
All the people at Reevy Road have individual needs as a member of the management team it is your responsibility to ensure that the team are supporting people in all areas of personal, domestic and social needs, both at home and in the community.
We endeavour to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals' lives in a person centred way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
The role of the Senior Support Worker is to become part of the management team and work closely with the home manager and team managers. You will carry out the supervision of the Support Worker team in their day to day duties, ensure new staffs are inducted to their roles, including temporary and agency staff. You will also carry out risk assessments, implement care plan and handle day to day operational management.
Responsible for handling day to day operational management duties. Supporting people with monitoring and recording medication, dealing with individuals’ finances and petty cash, ensuring we are working to compliance and following the organisation’s policies and procedures. Senior Support Workers will model their own good practice within the team to ensure a high quality service is provided. It’s a hands-on job so you will also be supporting people with a full range of daily activities, including supporting people with personal care. You will work two 7.5 hour shifts per week to provide support for individuals and three shifts per week off rota supporting the home to maintain compliance through your management responsibilities.
Hours: Our services operate 24 hours 7 days a week, your hours will be based around a rota. You will need to be flexible to working unsocial hours which includes evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays, Christmas and other Religious Holidays. You will work a variety of shifts to meet the needs of the service. You will also be part of the on call rota at Reevy Road to provide out of hours support for the night team.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have to have senior support worker experience or experience of leading and managing a team in any other type of work setting.
You will also be:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication and organisational skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
- It would be an advantage if you can use a computer, produce documents in word and use emails
Following new legislation affecting all CQC registered care homes, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics