Senior Support Worker - Kidderminster
Everything we do is aimed at providing the very best quality and person-centred support in the right location at the right time, making a real difference for the people and communities we support.
We are currently looking for a senior support worker to work as part of a team providing support to individuals with Learning Disabilities within their own home; you will either have previous support worker experience or be currently working as a senior support worker in healthcare, mental health, autism, learning difficulties or people with acquired brain injuries.
Everyone is different and so are the people we support: We deliver support around the needs and wishes of individuals and a valued senior support worker, you will assist the Supported Living Manager in maintaining a high quality of support, acting as a role practitioner, coaching and mentoring support workers to ensure the people supported achieve the outcomes identified within their support plans.
We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for a company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
Where will I be working?
Our services in Kidderminster provide 24 hour supported living facilities for adults with Learning Disabilities. We endeavour to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support.
Based in DY10 & DY11, both are busy services, each supporting three individuals with learning disabilities and autism. Individuals are supported at home with 1:1 hours and some shared hours to be able to did day to day activities at home. The individuals can communicate in a variety of ways and like the company of others to chat and discuss their day.
They are supported on a 1:1 basis in the community to access any activities or places that they chose to go to.
There is a strong focus on supporting individuals' lives in a person centered way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
The role of the Senior Support Worker is to support the management team in supporting the supervision of the Support Worker team in their day to day activities and that new staff are inducted to their roles, including temporary and agency staff. The role also includes rota management.
Taking the responsibility of running the shift as the senior person on duty, supporting people to take their medication, monitoring and recording medication, dealing with individuals’ finances and petty cash, ensuring we are working to compliance and following the organization’s policies and procedures. Senior Support Workers will model their own good practice within the team to ensure a high quality service is provided. It’s a hands-on job so you will also be supporting people with a full range of daily activities, including supporting people with personal care.
We provide 24-hour support to the individuals each and every day so you'll work shifts on a rotational basis, we need you to be flexible to meet the needs of the people we support. One shift per week will be off rota to allow for time to complete administration tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
You will have to have Support Work experience, ideally within Learning Disability setting.
You will also be:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
- It would be an advantage if you can use a computer, produce documents in word and use emails
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!