Senior Support Worker - Extra Care - Carlisle
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people’s lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
Do you have experience leading in a healthcare setting?
If you have answered a big YES to this we would LOVE to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Physical and Learning Disabilities across England.
Where will I be working?
You will be working in one of our Extra Care block of flats in Carlisle – Lister House.
We provide 24 hour support for adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities, providing some 1-2-1 support and responding to needs when required.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will make a real difference to peoples' lives as you support them with their health needs. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Our extra care service in Carlisle needs people who are team players and can inspire individuals with Physical and learning disability to remain independent. The role of the Senior Support Worker is to work with the management team to lead in health related areas of support, develop health plans and providing first line support for the Support Worker team in their day to day activities, ensuring we are working in compliance with policies and procedures and that new staff are inducted to their roles.
Senior Support Workers will model their own good practice related to health care management within the team to ensure a high quality service is provided. It’s a hands-on job so you will also be supporting the individuals with a full range of daily health related tasks. You will work along-side new and existing staff to embed best practice and create a culture of accountability and ownership over the support roles and health care management tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have previous Support Work/health care experience, ideally within physical and learning disability setting. Have worked within complex services and have a background in a lead health care role.
You will also be:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!