Senior Staff Nurse RMN - Pendlebury House
Pendlebury House is part of Turning–Point, a leading Health and Social Care Organization and a Registered Charity. We are located in a community setting in Swinton, Manchester. Pendlebury House is an independent hospital and offers packages of rehabilitation to informal and detained SUs under the MHA, treatment and care to 10 male SUs who experience severe and enduring mental health needs. We aspire to work in true partnership with our SUs. We encourage everyone to reach their full potential, whilst working towards personal recovery goals. Ultimately our aim is to reintroduce and maintain daily living skills alongside the psycho-social interventions necessary to equip people to live more independently in the Community.
We are now looking for a committed, experienced and enthusiastic Senior Nurse to join our team. There is a robust MDT in place, including, Nurses, support staff, OTs, an Assistant Psychologist and a Project Worker.
Playing a key role in the multi–disciplinary team, you will be expected to liaise regularly with the CMHT and lead on evidence based frameworks and treatments, including adherence to NICE guidance. For the suitably qualified and experienced individual, the professional challenges will be significant and varied.
Reporting to the Clinical Team Leader, you will key work individuals and develop care packages and risk management plans, with an emphasis on discharge planning. You will ensure a ‘Recovery focused’ pathway is embedded in the daily routine. Working closely with the Clinical Team Leader you will ensure all aspects of Clinical Governance are adhered to ensuring the consistent provision of high quality person centered Care in a Recovery focused independent Rehabilitation hospital.
On a day–to–day basis you will lead the shift and supervise, guide and mentor staff, you will engage in all audits including, Clinical Audits, Health and Safety and SU involvement and participate regularly in MDT reviews.
You will be expected to deputies in the Clinical Team Leaders absence and take part in an ‘On–Call’ system.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a strong knowledge and skill set of working with a SU group suffering from severe and enduring mental health problems, including dual diagnosis and a strong knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
Excellent time management skills, communication and organizational skills are essential, as well as good IT knowledge and skills. Acting as a professional role model, you will receive supervision from the Clinical Team Leader, take part in Clinical Supervision and offer supervision and appraisal to a small number of staff at Pendlebury House.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week, and take part in shift work and night duty on a rotational basis.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC renewal registration fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
Legislation recently introduced, which will come into force on 1 April 2022 means that for our services that conduct “Regulated Activity” as defined by the CQC, require us to ensure that any applicant is able to evidence at least one COVID-19 vaccination with a planned date scheduled for the second vaccination to take place by 1st April 2022 – therefore all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.