Senior Specialist Substance Misuse Nurse – City & Hackney
At Turning Point, we are recognised leaders in helping people recover from addiction and gain control of their lives. By providing the right support at the right time, and making sure that people can find all the help they need, we have grown into one of the largest providers of substance misuse services in England and Wales.
City and Hackney is a fully integrated adult service delivered by Turning Point. The service is delivered in partnership with Mind CHWF and London Friend and there is a focus on partnership working throughout the service to support those in the local community who need assistance to achieve their goals. We deliver treatment and support across the neighbourhoods ensuring a holistic and inclusive approach to recovery in this exciting new service.
We are currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse (RGN) or Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to work in our City & Hackney Substance Misuse Service as a Senior Specialist Substance Misuse Nurse, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
The Senior Specialist Substance Misuse Nurse will be responsible for the overall day to day leadership and development of Turning Point’s Alcohol Team They will provide clinical supervision to the Specialist Substance Misuse Nurses and line manage the Alcohol Team to provide direction to non-clinical staff.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be a qualified nurse registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council. As an employee you will have access to RCNi to assist with revalidation, indemnity insurance and support and supervision from the nurse manager and clinical lead. And of course, we’re looking for a Nurse who loves talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
- Experience of working in and understanding of the substance misuse sector, particular experience in relation to assessing, management of medically assisted alcohol withdrawal (MAW).
- Experience of contribution to effective and safe care plans and discharge plans.
- Experience in delivering staff training/CPD.
- Awareness of health issues relating to substance misuse.
- 2 years in Substance Misuse at minimum band 6 level.
- Experience of providing clinical leadership through managing and supervising multidisciplinary staff.
- Experience in multi-agency working and training
- Awareness and experience of contributing to effective clinical governance.
- Experience in reporting and managing incidents effectively.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC Registration renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.