Senior Recovery Worker - Suffolk Recovery Network
Turning Point has been providing drug and alcohol services to adults and young people in Suffolk since 2015. We aim to increase the number of individuals accessing substance misuse services so we can help reduce substance related harm, improve the quality of life for our clients and their families and support our clients to re-engage with their communities.
For this exciting opportunity we seek to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate Senior Recovery Worker in our Ipswich service. You will play a pivotal role, forming part of the Ipswich Hub Management Team. You will provide support to the Hub Manager, line manage team members and provide case management support . You will support the team to meet service delivery targets and ensure the team deliver a safe, caring and effective service..
Experience of working with people is essential, as is a deep understanding of substance misuse and alcohol. It is a challenging role requiring leadership and management skills whilst also undertaking client work. You will be required to work in group settings and on a one to one basis, with staff and clients. It is essential that you have motivational skills in order to inspire team members and encourage service users.
You will be expected to undertake assessments, risk assessments, care plan reviews and coordinate the client’s care with other agencies, as required. You will also need to provide advice and information to service users, particularly around harm minimisation.
Turning Point is committed to the ongoing professional development of all our staff. You will receive a warm welcome, support, training, supervision and the chance to thrive in a lively and aspirational service.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record of working with substance misuse
- Previous experience of line management
- Experience of managing multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills and partnership working
- Experience of meeting service performance targets
- Knowledge and experience of CQC would be advantageous
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.