Senior Recovery Worker - ROAR
Do you want to help build a brighter future for communities and individuals in Rochdale and Oldham in sometimes challenging but highly rewarding jobs. ROAR is Turning Point’s alcohol and drug service and we are currently expanding rapidly following the award of new funding.
Our Senior Recovery Workers hold a smaller, often more complex case load of clients and supervise a team of Recovery Workers. You will be supported to develop your management and leadership abilities and would usually have some supervisory experience and / or extensive experience and knowledge of the substance misuse sector.
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional report writing and case notes
- Demonstrable experience in working within a substance misuse treatment and recovery setting
- Specialist interest depth knowledge of one or more complexities alongside substance misuse. This may be mental health, long term conditions, criminality, homelessness, Domestic Violence etc
- Understanding of risk and risk management, as it applies to substance misuse and complexity
- Significant experience of working in health and social care
- RMN; Social Work, psychology or other relevant qualification
- Experience of supervising or developing others
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date