Senior Criminal Justice Recovery Worker - Wakefield Inspiring Recovery
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 12 Months
At Turning Point we provide services across the whole country which delivers end to end drug and alcohol treatment and support, family services, housing advice and support for those in contact with the criminal justice system, needle exchange system, and custody outreach. We are a specialist in delivering whole treatment system approaches across cities and county areas, which has led to the reduction in people falling through gaps between services and delivers improved outcomes.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Criminal Justice Recovery Worker vacancy to work in our substance misuse service in Wakefield, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
Running health and social care services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge, progress your career with a sector leader.
As a Senior Criminal Justice Recovery Worker you will lead by example and provide guidance and line management support to team members. You will also support the Team Leader to ensure service delivery targets are met. Significant substance misuse experience essential for this role as well as experience of providing line management or mentorship support.
The Ideal Candidate
- knowledge and experience of navigating the criminal justice system when providing support to the community
- In depth knowledge of relevant theory and practice
- Experience of supervising a team
- Experience of working towards achieving individual and team objectives
- Numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and ability to adapt communication to suit the audience, e.g. service users, commissioners or staff
- Good time management and able to work to deadlines
- A participative leadership and management style in normal circumstances
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the complex and multiple needs faced by the service user group
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Valuing People framework
- A demonstrable belief in a values-led approach to working with service users with a Substance Misuse issue.
- Demonstrable track record that is DANOS compliant
- Knowledge and experience of developing, implementing and reviewing substance misuse-related interventions, i.e. group work programmes
- A sound working knowledge of current legislation (e.g. Models of Care) and the ability to translate this into practice
Why Turning Point?
We provide support for people affected by drug and alcohol misuse, mental health conditions, offending behaviours, unemployment, health and wellbeing, social issues, and those with a learning disability to discover new possibilities in their lives.
Each of our services are different and we provide innovative services for many who face immense life challenges. Our learning disability services are about building better lives for the people we support and empowering them to live as independently as possible, while, our substance misuse and mental health services are also there to enable recovery through a supportive environment.
We have developed and finessed our approach and support through listening to the experiences of the people who have used our services; collaboration with commissioners, customers, families and carers, employers and stakeholders; and empowering our staff to shape our services.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.