Safeguarding Manager - ROAR
Please Note: This vacancy is only available for Turning Point Employees, Volunteers & Peer Mentors.
This post is key to ROARs ability to ensure that children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with our service or our service users are kept as safe as possible. You will have an interest and demonstrable commitment to supporting services to improve their practice and approach to safeguarding. You will support the Senior Leadership in managing and supporting partnerships and stakeholders, contributing the work of local safeguarding boards.
- Inducting new staff using the Safeguarding Lead Checklist
- Chairing Safeguarding Meetings
- Management & review of the service safeguarding log using a Multi Disciplinary Team approach
- Oversight and management of the service Safeguarding Audit and Safeguarding specific action-plan
- Strategic oversight of Safeguarding Pathways including agreeing information sharing protocols and developing process diagrams
- Liaising with Rochdale and Oldham Childrens and Adult Safeguarding Boards
- Delivering Safeguarding coaching and training for all staff
- Liaison with maternity services to ensure rapid access and excellent partnership working for pregnant women.
- Monthly reviews of clients open to DA service, the PAUSE service and our service.
- Working closely with Risk & Assurance, HR and Learning and Development departments to ensure safeguarding issues are managed appropriately within services and staff members are competent and confident to follow policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding.
- Facilitating occasional best practice developments forums, ensuring that learning is shared.
- Ensure that safeguarding processes are implemented and used in accordance with stated policies, procedures and regulations so that the service achieves its compliance obligations
- Holding a small caseload of particularly complex clients if required.
By working closely with healthcare professionals such as GPs and social services, your dedication will make a better future.
The Ideal Candidate
An inspiring role model, we'll expect you to already have experience of Safeguarding within a drug and alcohol setting. Building relationships with colleagues, commissioners and service users alike will be a big part of what you do, we’re also looking for a Safeguarding Manager who can confidently engage and influence people.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.