Rough Sleepers Recovery Worker - LLR (Leicester)
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 18 Months + Possible Extension Subject to Funding
Starting salary £23,000 with annual pay progression up to £27,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Turning Point’s Leicester City Substance Misuse Services as a Rough Sleepers Recovery Worker. You’ll join a brand new project aimed at supporting those who sleep rough, and are at risk of sleeping rough, into drug and alcohol treatment. We have new Rough Sleepers Recovery Worker roles available with a variety of lead specialisms including outreach and engagement, women, veterans, hostels and criminal justice.
As a Rough Sleepers Recovery Worker we offer a starting salary of £23,000 rising each year in line with our pay progression salary bands, rising to £27,000 per year.
You will have opportunities to progress your career with a structured learning journey and clearly defined career pathways that will enable you to achieve your long term goals and work to your strengths.
Whether you are looking to progress into a management and leadership role or to be a specialist in your field as an Advanced Substance Misuse Practitioner at Turning point we will support and encourage you on your career journey.
As a Rough Sleepers Recovery Worker you role will be all about being proactive and doing everything possible to support those sleeping rough into treatment. You will work with colleagues and partner agencies to run street-based outreach, as well as delivering drop ins and structured sessions within hostels and day centres.
You will have a small caseload of between 10-20 individuals sleeping rough or at risk of sleeping rough who you will support, enabling you to go above and beyond and do all possible to support into treatment and help to end rough sleeping in Leicester City.
You will need to work flexibly to engage rough sleepers at times to suit them. This will include early morning outreach and breakfast sessions and evenings and weekend working as part of a rota within your team.
You will work in a brand new Rough Sleepers Treatment Team alongside nurses, doctors, mental health practitioner, psychologists and with the support of an experienced Team Leader.
The Ideal Candidate
You don’t need any previous experience of this type of work, but you must have a real passion to help rough sleepers turn their lives around and an unwavering belief in the ability for individuals to make changes. You must be caring, flexible and responsive and be able to work using your own initiative and as part of a team. We welcome applications from individuals with lived experience of the challenges faced by rough sleepers. Whilst these are full time roles we would also welcome applications from individuals who are looking to work part time including those who would prefer evening and/or weekend working.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.