Registered Manager - Smithfield
At Turning Point, we provide innovative substance misuse and mental health services across the country in community and in-patient settings. As a CQC Registered Manager (RMN/RGN), you will share our purpose and values by making a real difference to the lives of those experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol misuse. Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to apply your skills and expertise and enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
As a Registered Manager within our Smithfield Residential Detoxification Unit, situated close to the centre of Manchester, you will lead, manage, and develop a successful, committed, and caring multidisciplinary team offering medical interventions and clinical therapies to improve the health and wellbeing of a wide range of individuals. Our team provides professional, expert clinical support and advice which helps us to deliver an exceptional service to our clients and their families. You will have a real opportunity to help shape service delivery and contribute to delivering high quality medically managed detoxification interventions.
The Ideal Candidate
Following new legislation, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
We are seeking a qualified Nurse and/or (NMP) prescriber with experience of leading a substance misuse and recovery service. You will be an excellent communicator, have leadership skills and have the ability to provide support and guidance for team members. And of course, we're looking for someone who loves talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC Registration Renewal Fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.