At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with mental health, substance misuse and learning disabilities. As a Recovery Worker, you’ll make a real difference to their quality of life as you engage with people to improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you will gain experience and training you need to progress your career with us.
As a Recovery Worker, you’ll join Gulliver House supported living service which supports 9 adults who live at Gulliver House and have mental health and or complex needs as well as adults who require outreach support in the Copeland area.
As a Recovery Worker you can make a real difference to peoples' lives. As a Recovery worker you will manage a caseload of clients, undertake assessments, develop person centred recovery plans and support them to turn their lives around. You will work alongside a team of Support Workers where you will work in collaboration in order to meet individual needs.
You'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to develop as a Recovery Worker.
You'll form part of a multi-disciplinary team and work with other agencies to ensure all the service users' needs are met.
You will be required to work shifts on a 24 hour rota, including weekends, bank holidays and waking nights.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re ideally looking for a Recovery Worker with experience, qualifications and solid understanding of mental health /complex needs. You’ll work one–on–one with service users, designing recovery plans in partnership with the person and their care team, to ensure each individual progresses in the areas identified to support their pathway. Experience of working with individuals with a mental health condition is essential. It is important to have excellent communication skills and the ability to manage a varied and demanding role. We are looking for someone who has the experience in delivering outcomes and can undertake rehab reviews using a person centred approach.
As a Recovery Worker, you will be required to work independently and as a team to meet the needs of the people who use the service. Your support, flexible outlook and positive attitude will help service users to recover in a safe, comfortable environment. At a practical level, you’ll need good IT and communication skills including numeracy and literacy in order to produce intervention materials and support plans.
A great team player with lots of energy, you’ll need the strong communication skills, flexible approach and positive attitude to achieve targets in a challenging, changeable environment which requires empathy, understanding and patience. Situations can sometimes be difficult and challenging, so you’ll need to be non–judgemental, with a sensitive approach and a good understanding of how to support people during these times.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!