Recovery Worker - LLR (Loughborough)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Turning Point’s Leicestershire Substance Misuse Services as a Recovery Worker. You will join our large integrated service which delivers treatment across the whole of Leicester City, Leicestershire and Rutland. We are specifically looking to fill vacancies in our Loughborough service.
As a Recovery Worker you will manage a caseload, undertake assessments, develop person centred recovery plans individually and in small clusters and run evidence based substance misuse interventions in a group basis and individually. Your work will make a real difference; supporting individuals to make changes in their substance use and improving their overall quality of life.
You will work as part of a team made up of Recovery Workers, Managers, Doctors, Nurses and Peer Mentors. You will be assigned initially to one of our recovery teams in either the city or the county and throughout your time in role may get the opportunity to work from any of our teams or locations across the city and county, including in our specialist criminal justice team.
A driving licence and car access is desirable but flexibility in travel across the county is essential.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be a highly effective communicator, efficient and organised and have a real passion for supporting service users to achieve recovery.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.