Recovery Worker - Herts Choices
At Turning Point, we support people across England with mental health issues. As a Recovery Worker, you’ll make a real difference to their lives as you introduce them to the personal, flexible and realistic support they need to improve the quality of their lives in their communities. Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience, training and education you need to progress in your career with us.
Herts Choices is a self-directed support service for adults with mental health issues living in Hertfordshire who have been assessed as being eligible for a personal budget. A flexible and creative service that is built around the individual enabling them to use their personal budget to buy support that promotes personal independence and recovery.
It is an outreach recovery worker role so having a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
The working hours are mainly Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
All support is tailored to the needs of the individual but below is a summary of the main areas of support that our outreach teams can provide:
- Emotional and practical support
- Support with all aspects of housing needs and with negotiating rent arrear repayments
- Support with court hearings, benefit and debt advice
- Access to employment/college/voluntary work
- Attending important appointments e.g. CPA, outpatients, GP’s, dentists, supervised access with their children, etc. (can be anything in the community)
- Building social and life skills, support to access recreational and leisure activities
- Support with mediation
- Support to access health care (physical health care)
- Building confidence, self-esteem and social networks
The Ideal Candidate
It’s an extremely varied Recovery Worker role that could include some evening or weekend visits (although it’s largely Mon-Fri 9-5), so flexibility and a car are important.
We also look for Recovery Workers with the IT skills needed to write up reports, and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.