Recovery Worker - Connect (Trowbridge)
Do you want to help build a brighter future for communities and individuals in Trowbridge doing a highly rewarding job. Turning Point’s drug & alcohol services are currently expanding during a really exciting time in the sector with new funding and investment. We have a range of roles for people passionate about supporting others to make change.
We have roles in different teams including:
- Community based treatment services: providing assessment, coordinating treatment and working partnership to support individuals. The roles include delivering structured psycho-social interventions in group and one to one level to enable our service users to acquire thinking skills and behaviours to make lasting change.
- Homeless outreach provision: Targeting homeless individuals, offering a flexible and outreach response to highly vulnerable individuals sleeping rough or living in temporary accommodation
- Criminal Justice rehabilitation/recovery services: working closely with the Probation Services, Prisons and Police to provide a rapid, tailored response to individuals that support their recovery and rehabilitation
As a Recovery Worker we offer a starting salary of £24,150 rising each year in line with our pay progression salary bands, rising to £28,252 per year. (Dependent on experience you may be offered a starting salary above the initial starting salary).
You will have opportunities to progress your career with a structured learning journey and clearly defined career pathways that will enable you to achieve your long-term goals and work to your strengths.
Whether you are looking to progress into a management and leadership role or to be a specialist in your field as an Advanced Substance Use Practitioner at Turning point we will support and encourage you on your career journey.
Recovery Workers act as ‘key workers’ to a caseload of service users, supporting them to decide their goals around treatment and develop plans to achieve these. The role includes maintaining regular contact with your clients, offering advice, information and psycho-social interventions as well as providing assessments, risk management planning and working closely with our clinical staff around prescribing needs and partner agencies. No day is the same in this role but an ability to communicate effectively with a range or service users and colleagues, an ability to manage different tasks and a commitment to Turning Point values are essential. You may have lived experience of substance use/mental health/homelessness (self or a significant other), come with experience supporting people in health and social care or just have a keen interest in supporting this group; if your values are right, we have a role for everyone.
The Ideal Candidate
You’ll have an understanding of substance and alcohol use and the challenges and opportunities for individuals on a recovery journey. However, we also recognise that many people have transferrable skills from other backgrounds such as mental health, housing or other health and social care provision. The roles are varied, so flexibility, an ability to work dynamically on a one to one and group basis and knowledge of relapse and other barriers to recovery will be vital but we can help to shape these skills where needed. We also look for candidates with excellent communication skills and who share our values as an organisation. We value individuals with lived experience but also those who are just interested in this line of work; our Trainee Recovery Worker program enables individuals without all relevant experience to gain an entry level position within the organisation before moving on to other roles.
We value individual creativity and initiative and, whatever your role, you will be fully involved in identifying opportunities to improve the quality of our services and the service user experience. Your ideas will be listened to and your suggestions implemented wherever possible. You will be supported in your role by extensive training to help develop your skills. Our learning culture encourages everyone to stay on top of the latest developments in their field and helps drive service improvement.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.