Recovery Nurse or Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP) - Roads to Recovery
Recovery Nurse – Up to £35,000 DOE
Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) – Up to £40,000 DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Recovery Nurse or Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) to join Turning Point’s CQC Outstanding rated Substance Misuse Service.
Our Oxfordshire Roads to Recovery Service is an integrated community drug and alcohol service that offers support to individuals across the county. Our Recovery Hubs are based in Oxford, Banbury, Witney and Didcot, we also deliver services within Shared Care GP Practices across the County. You will work within a supportive multi-disciplinary team working with Doctors, Nurses, Clinical Psychologist, Support Workers, Counsellors and Peer Mentors working to improve the well-being of a wide range of service users. We have a large nursing team that is led by our Nurse Manager and we are committed to ongoing professional CPD across our services.
Running health facilities and services on a not–for–profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and focused on substance misuse, progress a Nursing career with real value.
Working together with a team of Recovery Workers you will prescribe for service users in receipt of opiate substitute medication, manage community alcohol detoxes. As a Recovery Nurse you will deliver wellbeing clinics in the community delivering Blood Bourne Virus testing and vaccination, supporting the management of community detoxifications and other harm reduction and well-being interventions .In addition to running clinics, you will lead a multi-disciplinary meeting with the Recovery Workers within your team providing robust governance and supporting their learning and development. A fortnightly prescribers meeting, 1:1 clinical supervision, access to a National Prescribers and Clinicians meeting and allocated time for continuous professional development will support your learning.
As an employee you will have access to RCNi to assist with revalidation, indemnity insurance and support from the Clinical Operations Manager, Clinical Lead (Consultant Psychiatrist) and Turning Point’s National Chief Pharmacist.
The Ideal Candidate
Full training will be provided and no direct experience of substance misuse is required but an ability to demonstrate providing effective health interventions with hard to reach cohorts such as homelessness would be advantageous.
Registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council or a qualified Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP), you will need to be confident managing of prescribing for opiates and managing alcohol detoxifications within our Nursing Teams.
Further additional information or an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC Registration Renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.