Recovery Coordinator - NTRP
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse.
As a Recovery Coordinator you’ll work with numerous agencies to help make a difference to the lives in your community. Working in a variety of settings, you’ll develop personal, flexible and realistic support packages based on people’s individual circumstances. In this busy role, no two days will be the same as you manage a large, interesting caseload without compromising on quality.
Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious, focused on supporting substance misuse and looking for a Recovery Coordinator role with real value, progress your career with us.
You’ll coordinate individual treatment journeys and offer the people-centred care they come to us for. That means you’ll also build relationships with families and associates to make sure each person gets the support they require.
Ultimately, this role is all about helping adults to get back on their feet, so you’ll develop strength-based recovery plans, complete risk assessments and identify opportunities for service users to get involved in their communities.
As the role of Recovery Coordinator is a fast-paced one, that means plenty of variety and challenges to get your teeth stuck into – and a lot of work, too. So, we’ll expect you to approach things methodically and think on your feet.
The role may include some outreach across North Tyneside so there is an expectation that you will manage your own diary to make the best use of your time.
The Ideal Candidate
Building on your previous experience of working with adults with substance misuse issues, you’ll have the ability to co-ordinate and complete care plans and assessments, possess knowledge of substance misuse issues and ideally, have a relevant qualification and a driving license. Highly motivated and driven to make a real difference, your work ethic will be strong too – as will your written and verbal communication skills. Above all, we’re looking for personality. People with the confidence and passion to fit well into the team and truly help to turn lives around.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.