Receptionist - START
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK to overcome substance misuse issues. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced confident receptionist to manage the front of house at our service in Slough.
Running services on a not–for–profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care and our people. Develop your skills and career and take on this key role in our Slough Service Misuse service and help to make a big difference in your local community.
Slough Treatment, Advice and Recovery Team (START) is an exciting, dynamic service. You will be the face of START, meeting and greeting service users every day and ensuring all telephone calls are dealt with efficiently and professionally. Good IT skills are essential and experience of minute taking preferred. You’ll need to be a confident, calm and effective communicator, able to respond appropriately to service users presenting in crisis.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be highly organized and able to effectively multi-task, answering calls and dealing with queries whilst providing a highly welcoming environment for our service users. You’ll meet and greet our visitors and ensure that all health and safety requirements are adhered to.
We require reception cover full time Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm; however some flexible working may be arranged for the right candidate.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.