Psychological Well-being Practitioner Team Leader - Luton
Everyone’s Turning Point is unique. It’s the moment when they realise they’ve made a small, but important, step forward. Very often, that small step is the start of something bigger. But only when the right support, advice and services are in place. That’s where you come in...
You’ll join our team in Luton, working in and around the district, where we specialize in evidence-based psychological therapies. As a PWP Team Leader you’ll be managing your own caseload, supervising trainees, providing case management to our established team and line managing staff. It goes without saying that you’ll have prior experience and knowledge about this.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need outstanding written and telephone communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with a special interest in BME, long term conditions, medically unexplained symptoms, veterans, peri-natal, offenders, older adults and learning disabilities.
In return, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career with us.
Running health and social care facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and focused on helping people with mental health issues, join us and add real value to their lives, as well as your own.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.