Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner - Rightsteps / livelife
Everyone’s Turning Point is unique. It’s the moment when they realise they’ve made a small, but important, step forward. Very often, that small step is the start of something bigger. But only when the right support, advice and services are in place. That’s where you come in.
The Rightsteps Wellbeing team delivers a telephone-based programme using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and guided self-help, to enable people struggling with the effects of stress, depression or anxiety return to work and give them coping strategies that help them to stay there. Delivered from a network of contact centres based across the UK, the programme utilises CBT to identify and change negative patterns of behaviour, making significant change a long-term possibility whilst focusing on business productivity and employee health. Successful candidates are also likely to provide a similar service to our direct to consumer counselling and CBT service (livelife).
We are recruiting for both permanent and "zero hours" staff.
The continued success of the Rightsteps Wellbeing programme means that we are now looking for Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to join us. Managing your own caseload, on a day-to-day basis you will accept referrals and support clients to overcome their barriers through telephone based interventions as well as utilising our interactive on-line platform for additional support. You’ll also provide a signposting service to other relevant local providers where it is appropriate to do so.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need a postgraduate certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Therapies (PWP qualification), along with experience of delivering PWP interventions within an IAPT service.It is also important that you have knowledge and understanding of the challenges of getting people with significant barriers, including depression, anxiety and low self esteem, back into the workplace. Our approach is highly innovative and the opportunity to help clients turn their lives around is a real and vital part of this highly rewarding role.
It goes without saying that you will need outstanding telephone and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work to deadlines and well defined targets. Particularly important will be your communication, motivational and engagement skills.
Our service operates Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm with an option to work evenings and weekends depending on demand. We are looking to recruit individuals to work during these hours either on a full time part time or "zero hours" basis. Although the service is based in Manchester our services are provided via the telephone and therefore we will offer the flexibility to work from home and will accept applications from candidates based anywhere in the UK.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.