Prison Link Inreach Worker – City & Hackney
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 24 Months
At Turning Point we provide services across the whole country which delivers end to end drug and alcohol treatment and support, family services, housing advice and support for those in contact with the criminal justice system, needle exchange system, and custody outreach. We are a specialist in delivering whole treatment system approaches across cities and county areas, which has led to the reduction in people falling through gaps between services and delivers improved outcomes.
Through new funding released by Public Health England you have the opportunity to play an integral role in an innovative pilot called, ADDICTION, DIVERSION, DISRUPTION, ENFORCEMENT and RECOVERY (ADDER) Accelerator programme. You will be working with substance using offenders across the London Borough of Hackney. Your role will be focused on positive engagement, recovery support and providing specialist services for this client group.
We are currently recruiting for a Prison Link Inreach Worker, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
This multiagency pilot will take a whole-system approach, providing a wraparound intensive support to offenders. The aim is to support offenders to address their substance use, reduce offending, reducing drug related deaths through education, advice and support for prisoners on release from prison.
Some evening and weekend work will be required in order to provide a flexible service that meets the needs of people we support.
This is an exciting opportunity; you will be co-locating in hubs in the borough working alongside other partners which will include,
- Police and Integrated Offender Management colleagues
- Probation colleagues
- HMP Thameside, HMP Pentoville and HMP Bronzefield.
- The Integrated Gangs Unit
- Open Doors
- DWP colleagues
- St Giles' and colleagues in Tower Hamlets
- Release (Legal advice and support)
Turning Point believe in empowering employees and will provide training to enhance the skills you already possess, using strength based approach called The Good Life Model. This is a strength-based rehabilitation model, aiming to assist offenders in achieving a good life and is adapted for use with both adults and adolescents, male and female. Implemented well it adheres to the principles of risk, need, and responsively,
This programme is delivered in accordance with principles of motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioural treatment, focusing on key theoretical underpinnings, principles, and applications of the model. Based on cognitive-behavioural principles it integrates the self-regulation model-revised, motivational interviewing, and other strengths-based approaches.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven verbal and written communications that can be modified to different situations
- Collaborative team working skills
- Adaptable and resilient to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Ability to deliver against agreed goals, targets and outcomes.
- Experience of working with service users who are alcohol dependant.
- Drug and Alcohol misuse knowledge
- Evidence that demonstrates DANOS competence
- Recovery caseload management of both high volumes and complex nature
- Able to deliver client interventions in a person- centred way
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge in assessing risk presented by clients to themselves and others
- Harm reduction, suicide and self-harm awareness
- Wide and flexible range of client interventions
- Management of incidents of a violent or aggressive nature
Why Turning Point?
We provide support for people affected by drug and alcohol misuse, mental health conditions, offending behaviours, unemployment, health and wellbeing, social issues, and those with a learning disability to discover new possibilities in their lives.
Each of our services are different and we provide innovative services for many who face immense life challenges. Our learning disability services are about building better lives for the people we support and empowering them to live as independently as possible, while, our substance misuse and mental health services are also there to enable recovery through a supportive environment.
We have developed and finessed our approach and support through listening to the experiences of the people who have used our services; collaboration with commissioners, customers, families and carers, employers and stakeholders; and empowering our staff to shape our services.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.