Partnership and Engagement Team Manager - SASH
Support and Advice on Sexual Health - SASH . In Westminster, Hammersmith and Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea is provided by Turning Point in partnership with sexual health specialist services METRO, London Friend, and NAZ
SASH service provides non - clinical information and advice through one-to-one and group support for individuals affected by sexual health related issues as well as signposting and assistance with referrals to clinical sexual health support. The service has dedicated support available for young people (14+), LGBTQ residents, Black and Asian Minority Ethnic groups, women and young girls, people affected by domestic abuse, residents newly diagnosed with HIV, sex workers and other hard to reach communities, promoting their wellbeing, and supporting them to access appropriate services.
The Partnership and Engagement Team Manager will be required to work closely with management team and contribute towards service development, including working towards achievements of service KPIs, working in partnership with SASH partners and support joint working with many services across the boroughs.
The main responsibilities are the following:
- Cultivating, maintaining, and developing partnership among business partners, to effectively build and maintain the relationships with local health professionals and local community organisations that enhances strategic partnership
- To ensure staff from other agencies understand sexual health referral pathways.
- Overseeing delivery of engagement activities - working closely with service manager on on-going improvement/update of engagement strategies
- To design and deliver a sexual health group work program across SASH, which meets the needs of its residents.
- Management and delivery of professional training (internally and externally) –identification and monitoring of training needs, design, planning, and implementation of training programs to achieve the following:
- Improve the knowledge and understanding of sexual health related issues among third sector organisations, Primary Care, Children and Families and other statutory and non-statutory organisations
- To foster sexual health promotion and proactively promote the ethos and vision of the service
- To work with SASH Community Development Manager regarding setting up SASH Champions across SASH to support group work and service user involvement.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have an excellent knowledge and working experience around sexual health and health promotion, especially around support regarding sex workers, LGBTQ, BAME, hard to reach communities and PLWHIV. Knowledge and experience in prevention and engagement is also essential for this role as well as excellent communication skills in proving advice and information in improving sexual health needs. Furthermore, an experience of leading and developing a team to deliver high-quality person-centred services within sexual health services is also required.
You will need to be computer literate, have the skills to multi-task and be able to bring a naturally positive attitude to the management team. Possession of a relevant management qualification is ideal as is the motivation to further develop as a manager, through training and support. A knowledge and/or background of the boroughs we work within would be of benefit.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.