Part Time Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse Prescriber (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber - LLR
Part Time - 3 Days Per Week / 22.5 Hours Per Week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber to join Turning Point’s CQC Outstanding rated Substance Misuse Services across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Running health facilities and services on a not–for–profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care – and our people. So, if you’re ambitious and focused on substance misuse, progress a Recovery Worker career with real value.
Working together with a team of Recovery Workers you will prescribe for around 250-300 service users in receipt of opiate substitute medication and manage community alcohol detoxes.In addition to running clinics, you will lead a multi-disciplinary meeting with the Recovery Workers within your team providing robust governance and supporting their learning and development. A fortnightly prescribers meeting with all 11 prescribers across the prison and community will also support your learning and continuous professional development.
As an employee you will have access to RCNi to assist with revalidation, indemnity insurance and support from the Clinical Operations Manager, Clinical Lead (Consultant Psychiatrist) and Turning Point’s National Chief Pharmacist.
The role may involve running clinics throughout Leicester City and Leicestershire; therefore the ability to travel is essential.
The Ideal Candidate
Registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council or a qualified Pharmacist and already a qualified independent prescriber, you will need to be confident managing all aspects of prescribing for opiates and managing alcohol detoxifications.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC or GPhC Registration Renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.