PWP - Total Wellbeing Luton (Term time only)
We are currently recruiting for exciting opportunities to join Turning Point and be part of our highly successful and innovative ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) service. Total Wellbeing Luton is an integrated Talking therapies service combining healthy lifestyles and emotional health programmes provided in partnership with Active Luton and we are looking for qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to join the team on a term time only permanent contract.
Whether you are an experienced PWP or you are newly qualified, you will be joining Total Wellbeing Luton which is a highly regarded and experienced national provider of IAPT service on behalf of the NHS. As a key member of the team, you will be working closely with our clinical team to maintain our high standard and help us to develop this further.
As a PWP you’ll be managing your own caseload providing evidence based treatments via one to one and group settings. We offer a high standard of in house clinical supervision and training with BABCP accredited supervisors. We offer regular masterclasses to upskill our therapists and support their career development as well as opportunities to access additional modality training.
We provide excellent opportunities for development in this role through access to training around areas of specialism such as supervision, long-term conditions, cultural diversity etc. You will work with your supervisor and line manager to make sure development and CPD plans are in place for your ongoing growth. There are also many opportunities for career progression into areas of leadership or further clinical training.
The service in Luton provides person-centred, holistic and accessible wellbeing services which are flexible and creative, easy to access and navigate and responsive to the needs of local people. The service contributes to tackling inequalities in health through promoting and supporting people to develop healthier behaviours and lifestyles in the context of their own local communities.
In addition to talking therapies, we offer healthy lifestyle programmes including NHS stop smoking, health checks, and exercise on referral, social prescription, weight management and support with physical activity for people with long term health conditions.
As well as supporting the community with improving their physical and emotional heath, we also prioritise our staff wellbeing.We’re based at Active Luton gyms and community centres, which all staff can access and use freely.
The Ideal Candidate
As well as being a qualified PWP, you will need outstanding written and telephone communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
In return, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career with us.
You will also be able to make use of our digital platform to work remotely where available. The service operates across a variety of days and hours to include Saturdays and evening work to support our clients when they need it most, therefore we offer flexible working hours. We pay incentivised rates of pay for weekend working and additional hours and this role offers term time only hours to allow for flexibility and a positive work life balance.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Access to all Active Luton facilities
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation fromInvestors in People.Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.