PWP - Total Wellbeing Luton (Flexible working hours)
We are currently recruiting for exciting opportunities to join Turning Point and be part of our highly successful and innovative ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) service. Total Wellbeing Luton is an integrated Talking therapies service combining healthy lifestyles and emotional health programmes provided in partnership with Active Luton and we are looking for qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to join the team.
Whether you are an experienced PWP or you are newly qualified, you will be joining Total Wellbeing Luton which is a highly regarded and experienced national provider of IAPT service on behalf of the NHS. As a key member of the team, you will be working closely with our clinical team to maintain our high standard and help us to develop this further.
As a PWP you’ll be managing your own caseload providing evidence based treatments via one to one and group settings. We offer a high standard of in house clinical supervision and training with BABCP accredited supervisors. We offer regular masterclasses to upskill our therapists and support their career development as well as opportunities to access additional modality training.
We provide excellent opportunities for development in this role through access to training around areas of specialism such as supervision, long-term conditions, cultural diversity etc. You will work with your supervisor and line manager to make sure development and CPD plans are in place for your ongoing growth. There are also many opportunities for career progression into areas of leadership or further clinical training.
The service in Luton provides person-centred, holistic and accessible wellbeing services which are flexible and creative, easy to access and navigate and responsive to the needs of local people. The service contributes to tackling inequalities in health through promoting and supporting people to develop healthier behaviours and lifestyles in the context of their own local communities.
In addition to talking therapies, we offer healthy lifestyle programmes including NHS stop smoking, health checks, and exercise on referral, social prescription, weight management and support with physical activity for people with long term health conditions.
As well as supporting the community with improving their physical and emotional heath, we also prioritise our staff wellbeing. We’re based at Active Luton gyms and community centres, which all staff can access and use freely.
The Ideal Candidate
As well as being a qualified PWP, you will need outstanding written and telephone communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
In return, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career with us.
You will also be able to make use of our digital platform to work remotely where available. The service operates across a variety of days and hours to include Saturdays and evening work to support our clients when they need it most, therefore we offer flexible working hours to promote a positive work life balance for our staff.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Access to all Active Luton facilities
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
- Access to Blue Light Card membership
If you are an experienced Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner and are looking for an exciting career opportunity we would love to hear from you!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics