Outreach Recovery Worker – Impact
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 12 Months
Please Note: A Full UK Driving License and Access to a Vehicle is an Essential Requirement.
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As an Outreach Recovery Worker, you'll make a real difference in the community and to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around.
Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
The team have several key areas of focus, these are:
- Young people transitioning into adult services
- Engaging hard to reach Adults
- Promotion of the IMPACT service through events and presentations
- Veterans and Military
- Older Adults and Hospital admissions
- To provide assertive outreach and deliver harm reduction interventions in the community
- To provide drug and alcohol awareness sessions to other professionals
Please specify how your skills and experience in these areas can support your application.
You’ll make a difference to service users lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and diversity of this role, working as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team. As well as having a lot of involvement with partnership agencies.
You’ll provide advice and information to service users and members of the wider community. You will take a key role in promoting the service to other professionals and organisations with the aim of increasing referrals as well as attending larger community events to raise the profile of Turning Point in Wiltshire.
The Ideal Candidate
Having handled a significant caseload in a busy environment as a Recovery Worker, Outreach Worker or similar, you'll have a deep understanding of substance misuse and the Recovery Agenda. It's an extremely varied role, so flexibility and knowledge of relapse and other barriers to recovery will be vital. Naturally, we also look for Recovery Workers with excellent communication skills and, ideally, a vocational qualification, such as an NVQ 3 or equivalent. The managing of recovery coordination sessions, compiling risk assessments and risk management plans, care planning and reduction plans are just some of the varied duties you will be providing. As well as delivering presentations and workshops on various topics and driving our roaming recovery vehicle.
Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook etc. are essential for this role. Holding a full driving licence and having access to a car is essential as you will be required to work across the whole of Wiltshire including Swindon.
So, if you're ambitious, proactive and focused on substance misuse, an Outreach Recovery Worker position will be good for you.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.