Occupational Therapist - Douglas House
We are looking for a dedicated and skilled registered Occupational Therapist to join our team, working at Douglas House independent hospital in Didsbury, Manchester.
You will be based working alongside the therapy team that consists of an assistant psychologist and art therapist to deliver the therapy programme.
If you are a qualified Occupational Therapist who understands the importance of recovery and are passionate about seeing people achieving independence and empowerment, then we want to hear from you.
As an Occupational Therapist you will hold a central position within the team, working closely with the therapy team and the clinical team to develop and strengthen the therapeutic input within the service.
The successful applicant will be confident in applying evidence-based models of occupational therapy that focus on maintaining and restoring functional ability, confidence and competence in living skills and promotes vocational/educational pathways, by linking into local community facilities to endorse social inclusion. The role requires strong engagement and motivational skills and flexibility in working with service users with severe and enduring mental health needs.
The successful applicant will be responsible for bringing an OT focus to the activity program, delivering workshops that develop life skills, and support residents to manage and to understand conditions in mental health.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant will have a current professional registration as an Occupational Therapist, an understanding of recovery models/approaches with a specific focus on Occupational Therapy interventions. You will also have an awareness and understanding of mental health diagnoses, an understanding of mental health act.
The successful applicant will have a keen interest in this client group, and demonstrate an ability to develop assessment skills, working primarily with assessment tools from the Model of Human Occupation, and collaborating with the MDT to devise a care plan tailored to the individual.
An understanding of how to manage competing priorities in a busy environment is essential and you will be able to take a calm and professional approach in demanding situations. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an understanding of strategies for encouraging engagement from client groups who can lack motivation due to the features of their mental health difficulties.
In return for your hard work, dedication and commitment, we can offer the opportunity to grow, learn and develop your professional skills in an environment that is focused on recovery and collaborative MDT working. You will access clinical supervision and Reflective Practice meetings regularly.
Working Hours: This role is full/part time over 5 days per week.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.