Nurse - Smithfield
Turning Point are one of the largest providers of substance misuse services in England and our range of drug and alcohol services help people recover from addiction and gain control of their lives. As a Registered Nurse in our Smithfield Service you'll make a real difference to the lives of those experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your nursing career.
This role is based in Smithfield Services, our 22-bed specialist in-patient detoxification unit in Manchester city centre. The service offers an evidence-based and clinically safe inpatient detox service which offers Psychosocial Interventions (PSI) alongside medically managed detox. Our programmes offer a care planned approach based entirely on the recovery model, placing the Service User at the centre of treatment provision.
Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care - and our people. So, if you're ambitious and focused on clinical excellence, you can look forward to excellent training and progressing a clinical career with real value.
Working as a Registered Nurse there, you'll be involved in a range of activities to help us provide the best possible experience to those who come to us for treatment and support. From administering medication and facilitating groups, to managing admissions and handling discharges, you'll ensure our services are never short of the highest quality. Acting as a professional role model, you will take part in Clinical Supervision and offer clinical and line management supervision to more junior members of staff and act as a mentor for Student Nurses. And all the way through, you'll have access to outstanding training and career development resources, as well as a highly supportive team.
The Ideal Candidate
We are happy to recruit an RMN or a RGN to add to the skills mix of our nursing team. Smithfield also has a great track record for supporting newly qualified nurses with a passion for working in substance misuse through their preceptorship. You will be supported by an experienced practitioner to develop your confidence, refine your skills, values and behaviours allowing you to provide care confidently. The salary for a newly qualified nurse working through their preceptorship is £25,000 pa which rises up to £29,000 once the programme has been successfully completed.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week, including rotational night duty, weekends and bank holidays.
In return for your hard work, dedication and commitment, we can offer the opportunity to grow, learn and develop as a nurse. We will provide you with a range of training opportunities as well as the opportunity to gain new experiences through working in a range of other services we have throughout the UK.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC Registration Renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.