Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber - Impact (Trowbridge)
At Turning Point, we support people with substance misuse issues across the country. As a community based Non-Medial Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber in our IMPACT Trowbridge and Salisbury services, you’ll make a real difference to their lives of those experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage. Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your nursing career.
Our integrated community drug and alcohol service offers support to individuals across Trowbridge and Salisbury. You will work within a busy prescribing service under the supervision of our Clinical Services Manager, alongside our Clinical Team and specialist Recovery Workers and Peer Mentors to improve the wellbeing of a wide range of individuals.
As a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber, you will be involved with opiate substitute treatment (OST) interventions benzodiazepine reductions, alcohol and opiate detoxifications and relapse prevention medications. As part of the wider Wellbeing Team you will also provide support for health care assessments, administering detoxification medication for clients, completing alcohol and opiate detoxification assessments, providing Blood Borne Virus screening and vaccinations and will work closely with mental health, physical health and social care services. You’ll also help to create a collaborative approach that links Turning Point ever closer to outside professionals and agencies.
Full training and supervision is provided from our Clinical Services Nurse Manager and Clinical Lead. You will have a real opportunity to help shape service delivery and contribute to delivering clinically excellent services.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a qualified Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber that will join an established team in Trowbridge & Salisbury, you will need to be an excellent communicator, you'll have the ability to develop support packages that are creative, flexible and tailored to the needs of each individual. And of course, we're looking for someone who loves talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC Registration / GPhC Renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.