Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber - DAWS
At Turning Point we support people with substance misuse issues across the country. As a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber in our Central London Service, you'll make a real difference to the lives of those experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your nursing career. Our Drug and Alcohol Wellbeing Service ‘DAWs’ offers support to individuals across Central London covering the City of Westminster, the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham. You will work within a busy prescribing service under the supervision of our Clinical Lead and Lead INP to improve the wellbeing of a wide range of individuals.
As an Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol use, working with them to develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber, you will be involved with opiate substitute treatment, alcohol and opiate detoxifications and relapse prevention medications. As part of the wider Wellbeing Team you will also provide support to the nursing team providing Blood Borne Virus screening and vaccinations and will work closely with mental health, physical health and social care services. You'll also help to create a collaborative approach that links Turning Point ever closer to outside professionals and agencies.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a qualified Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber that will join an established team in Central London, you will need to be an excellent communicator, you'll have the ability to develop support packages that are creative, flexible and tailored to the needs of each individual. And of course, we're looking for someone who loves talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
Running health and social care services as a social enterprise, we invest every penny back into our care - and our people. So, if you're ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge, progress your career with a sector leader.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC Registration / GPhC Renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.