Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) - Croydon Recovery Network
Fixed Term Contract – Up to 12 Months
Turning Point have been commissioned by Croydon Council to provide a drug and alcohol service specifically for the street homes population of Croydon.
Turning Point are sector leaders in the delivery of drug and alcohol services to rough and are deeply connected to the local network of providers. The project will enable Turning Point to work with those still sleeping rough to provide a seamless and bespoke path into treatment as part of progress into settled accommodation.
Turning Point’s approach is based on integrating substance misuse recovery services with healthcare and housing to provide a single simple pathway. We use assertive outreach to provide our services the service is based not in our hubs but on the street, in hostels and in day centres and will suit candidates who thrive on outreach working.
We are currently recruiting for a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) to work in our Integrated Substance Misuse Service in our integrated substance misuse recovery service. You’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
As a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP), you will be involved with opiate substitute treatment (OST) interventions benzodiazepine reductions, alcohol and opiate detoxifications and relapse prevention medications. As part of the wider Wellbeing Team you will also provide support for health care assessments, administering detoxification medication for clients, completing alcohol and opiate detoxification assessments, providing Blood Borne Virus screening and vaccinations and will work closely with mental health, physical health and social care services. You’ll also help to create a collaborative approach that links Turning Point ever closer to outside professionals and agencies.
You will have a real opportunity to help shape service delivery and contribute to delivering clinically excellent services.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) that will join a new team, you will need to be an excellent communicator, you’ll have the ability to develop support packages that are creative, flexible and tailored to the needs of each individual.
And of course, we’re looking for a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) who loves talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience. Experience of Home Detox would be preferable.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- NMC Registration Fee paid for
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.