Night Support Worker - Hancox Close
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Being a driver is essential as the service is not on a bus route.
Where will I be working?
Hancox Close is located in the beautiful countryside of Weston under Wetherley. There are six individuals that we support who have varying levels of Learning Disabilities. The bungalow is purpose built and overlooks countryside and fields of horses. There are health issues such as Dementia, epilepsy, mobility issues, non-verbal communication and a requirement of lots of personal care.
Staff will develop communication skills and work in a person centred way to enhance lives bringing quality to everyday living within a well-established staff team.
We endeavour to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals' lives in a person centred way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
Shift Patterns: 09:00pm-08:00am (11 hours per shift)
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- promoting the independence of people we support
- helping residents stay safe and healthy
- assisting with personal care needs
- manual handling
- supporting people with medication
- ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- a great team player with lots of energy
- able to demonstrate good communication skills
- able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.