Night Support Worker- 1 Cuthberts Close
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you!
Turning Point takes pride in the services we provide. There is one vision that everyone shares at Turning Point, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
We run our services on a not-for-profit basis. We invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to supporting people with learning disabilities to live fulfilling lives, Turning Point is for you.
About the people you will be supporting:
1 Cuthbert's Close
We are a group of 4 people with learning disabilities who have lived together for a number of years. We enjoy spending time together but also have individual interests, to which we need support to be able to take part in. At number 1 Cuthbert’s Close, we have room for 2 more individuals to live with us when we find people that have similar interests and support needs that would like to move in.
2 Cuthbert's Close
We are a group of four people with learning disabilities who live together in a home that has rooms for two more people; we have two people that are hoping to move in with us in the near future. We enjoy spending time together but also have individual interests, to which we need support to be able to take part in.
We like to have visits from our families and friends and we like to be supported in a way that ensures that we live as independently as possible. We sometimes need 1-1 support to enable us to attend local social activities such as visiting the library and parks or going out for meals or for shopping. This is very much a hands-on job where no two days are the same.
Desirable but not essential – experience within the supported living/care sector.
Training and Development
We offer training to all those who want to develop their skills and competencies not just in the care sector but in other areas too.
- Level 2 and 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 3 Operational Team Leader
Please note training will be offered after your probation period ends which is 6 months. Once you begin your training with us you will have your own coach who will support you through your programme.
Shift Patterns may look like this:
The people we support require us to help them over 24 hours and 7 days per week period, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts which could include waking nights, early or late shifts, and mid-shifts, bank holidays and weekends. Our night shifts are 12.5 hours and start at 19:30 till 8:00am the following day.
Please note that working hours may vary depending on the needs of the individuals.
Daily support we need from you:
- Assisting with our personal care needs
- To prepare food for us or with our involvement when we want
- Support us with our food and drinks
- Manual handling
- Supporting us with medication including creams and lotions
- Ensuring our record keeping is maintained to the highest standard, this will include finance records as these will be audited
- Help us to manage our money safely
- To help us keep our home clean and tidy
- Ensuring our health and safety is maintained
The Ideal Candidate
Whilst knowledge of our learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it is not essential; what is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills, including understanding non-verbal communication
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
- Transferable experience of helping people to manage anxiety
If this describes you we would love to hear from you.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work.
We understand reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, so we can invest in your future – we have a silver accreditation from Investors in People
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts as well as exclusive discounts to Turning Point employees, on mobile phones, gym memberships, shopping and much more
- Flexible working solutions so we can support your work-life balance
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays and spread the cost
- Access to free financial education, counselling, occupational health, and advice services – some of which your family can use too – to support your total wellbeing
- A mileage claim scheme
- Free life cover of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension scheme to support your savings and security
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication
- Flexible benefit options including Cycle to Work schemes and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- *any local benefits to team or area added in by manager e.g. team meals, free parking
RAF scheme statement such as “Are you already an employee at Turning Point and can think of someone perfect for this role? Successfully recommend a friend as a new colleague and get a £200 bonus!”