Night Mental Health Recovery Worker - Hunger Hill
This exciting new development within Nottingham City welcomes enthusiastic applicants to apply for this rare opportunity to be involved in shaping a brand new service that will support individuals with complex mental health needs.
Hunger Hill is a supported living service that supports men who may have dual diagnoses, a history of drug and/or alcohol use and forensic histories.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the scope and support individuals to gain the skills to live independently. With an emphasis on key working, you’ll need to work flexibly to manage your own small caseload and help with the day to day running of the service.
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with mental health issues. As a Recovery Worker, you’ll make a real difference to their lives as you work closely with them to help them achieve their potential. Turning Point has several well-established services within Nottingham. You will form part of a wider supportive management team within the region and there is the opportunity for growth in the future.
We strongly encourage male candidates to apply.
As a Night Recovery Worker, you will work holistically to support guests if they are having difficulty during the night, developing risk management strategies and promoting sleep hygiene.
You will work with a sleep-in member of staff, who will be available for support when required. Supporting the work identified within person-centred support plans, you will play a vital role in helping them to gain skills and coping strategies, all while encouraging positive change and independence.
Shift patterns run from 21:45pm to 8:15am. You will receive time allocated for regular supervision and attendance at team meetings, as well as training and career development opportunities.
Additional day shifts may also be available.
The Ideal Candidate
Preferably with experience in the mental health sector, it’s essential that you have a good understanding of the recovery model, together with a solution–focused attitude and a person–centred approach.
You’ll be equally comfortable getting things done on your own initiative and as part of a team, and have no problems working in a fast–paced environment and adapting to challenging situations. And of course, you’ll be the sort of person who enjoys talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
Following new legislation affecting all CQC registered care homes, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.