National Pharmacy Support Technician
1 x Permanent
1 x Fixed Term Contract – Up to 12 Months
Are you a Pharmacy Technician with experience of working in a medicines optimisation team or linked to substance misuse services?
Would you like to develop your career as part of a forward-thinking organisation?
Are you committed to helping us meet the needs of some of the most vulnerable people in society through effective implementation of best practice medicine optimisation strategies?
Then you could use your expertise to make a real difference by joining Turning Point as a Pharmacy Support Services Technician.
Turning Point is one of the UK's leading not-for-profit health and social care organisations providing a truly holistic approach to the care of service users.
Join us at and you'll work within our National Clinical Team to provide person centred support to our service users by utilising the best principles of medicines optimisation. Your main roles will include
- Analysis and presentation of E-PACT and internal Turning Point datasets
- Medicine incidents data analysis
- Development of educational learning and development tools
- Turning Point Substance Misuse Formulary support
- Controlled Drugs (CD) monitoring support
- Medicines optimisation audit work
- Policies and procedures development and review
- Providing medicines optimisation advice to clinical services
- Development of Pharmacy Services including supervised consumption and needle and syringe programme schemes
- Training and advice to pharmacy and non-pharmacy colleagues
You will be based mainly from home but there will be a requirement to visit services across the country and our head offices in London and Manchester.
The Ideal Candidate
With a current General Pharmaceutical Council registration, you'll be able to show relevant current or past experience working in a medicines optimisation team at the primary or secondary care interface or working in or close to substance misuse services.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.