NMP Nurse or Pharmacist Prescriber - Suffolk Recovery Network
Fixed Term Contract - Up to 12 Months
Suffolk County Wide - Base (Flexible: Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds or Lowestoft)
At Turning Point we provide services across the whole country which delivers end to end drug and alcohol treatment and support, family services, housing advice and support for those in contact with the criminal justice system, needle exchange system, and custody outreach. We are a specialist in delivering whole treatment system approaches across cities and county areas, which has led to the reduction in people falling through gaps between services and delivers improved outcomes.
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As a Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber Team Manager in our Criminal Justice team, you'll make a real difference in the community and to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own as part of a friendly and multidisciplinary team.
As an NMP Nurse or Pharmacist Prescriber you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol use, working with them to develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
As a community based Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber in a busy prescribing service, you will be involved with opiate substitute treatment, alcohol and opiate detoxifications and relapse prevention medications. As part of the wider Wellbeing Team you will also provide support to the nursing team providing Blood Borne Virus screening and vaccinations and will work closely with mental health, physical health and social care services. You'll also help to create a collaborative approach that links Turning Point ever closer to outside professionals and agencies.
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a qualified Non-Medical Prescriber Nurse (NMP) or Pharmacist Prescriber that will join an established team in Suffolk, you will need to be an excellent communicator, you'll have the ability to develop support packages that are creative, flexible and tailored to the needs of each individual. And of course, we're looking for someone who loves talking to people with different needs, is genuinely interested in helping them, and possesses a deep level of empathy, understanding and patience.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.
“Legislation recently introduced, which will come into force on 1 April 2022 means that for our services that conduct “Regulated Activity” as defined by the CQC, require us to ensure that any applicant is able to evidence at least one COVID-19 vaccination with a planned date scheduled for the second vaccination to take place by 1st April 2022 – therefore all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request”