Mental Health Team Manager - Wilbraham Road
At Turning Point, we support people across England with Mental Health needs. Making a real difference to their lives, you'll motivate, manage, and grow a team of Recovery Support staff to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity for Team Manager in Manchester to manage 3 Supported Living services:
- Wilbraham Road - 24-hour supported living, with sleep-in cover for 11 adults with severe and enduring mental health needs.
- Mental Health Short Stay Service for adults with a mental health diagnosis who have been discharged from local acute wards and are waiting to move into new long-term accommodation. The service is staffed 40 hours per week between 9-5 Monday-Friday.
- Mental Health and tenancy support provided on a floating support basis at three locations. Service users receive between 2-8 hours of support per week.
As one of our management team, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with Mental health and complex behaviours, you'll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our service. As a Team manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high-quality services - all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment.
In this varied Team Manager role, you'll also carry out risk assessments, implement care plans and handle some operational management. Whilst this role is predominately off rota, you would be expected to work alongside the Recovery Workers should the need arise.
The Ideal Candidate
What skills and qualities do You need to have?
- An understanding of the Mental Health agenda
- Suitably qualified, with ideally with some managerial experience in the mental health sector or with people with learning disabilities, complex needs or autism, it’s essential that you have a good understanding of the recovery model, together with a solution–focused attitude and a person–centred approach.
- The ability to meet financial and business targets
- A track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community
- Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you'll also have a full driving licence and access to a car
- Experience of working with individuals with Mental Health, Dual Diagnosis and complex behaviour is essential
- Willing to work towards NVQ level 4/5 qualification
- You must be fully flexible as this role will involve out of hours checks supporting/coaching staff and the possible need to backfill when short of staff.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will You Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.