Mental Health Recovery Worker - Herts Choices
At Turning Point, we support people across England with mental health issues. As a Recovery Worker, you’ll make a real difference to their lives as you introduce them to the personal, flexible and realistic support they need to improve the quality of their lives in their communities. Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience, training and education you need to progress in your career with us.
Herts Choices is a self-directed support service for adults with mental health issues living in Hertfordshire who have been assessed as being eligible for a personal budget. A flexible and creative service that is built around the individual enabling them to use their personal budget to buy support that promotes personal independence and recovery.
It is an outreach recovery worker role so having a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
The working hours are mainly Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
All support is tailored to the needs of the individual but below is a summary of the main areas of support that our outreach teams can provide:
- Emotional and practical support
- Support with all aspects of housing needs and with negotiating rent arrear repayments
- Support with court hearings, benefit and debt advice
- Access to employment/college/voluntary work
- Attending important appointments e.g. CPA, outpatients, GP’s, dentists, supervised access with their children, etc. (can be anything in the community)
- Building social and life skills, support to access recreational and leisure activities
- Support with mediation
- Support to access health care (physical health care)
- Building confidence, self-esteem and social networks
The Ideal Candidate
It’s an extremely varied Recovery Worker role that could include some evening or weekend visits (although it’s largely Mon-Fri 9-5), so flexibility and a car are important.
We also look for Recovery Workers with the IT skills needed to write up reports, and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.