Mental Health Nurse RMN
Do you see yourself working for a CQC rated outstanding service? Douglas House is proud to be one of only 6% highest rated mental health services in the UK and is part of Turning Point, a leading health and social care organisation, a registered charity. We are also conveniently located in a community setting near to Didsbury Village, Manchester with great transport links.
We care for 12 male and female service users, who experience severe and enduring mental health issues, offering therapeutic packages of mental health rehabilitation to those who are both informal and detained under the Mental Health Act.
We aspire to work in true partnership with our service users and encourage everyone to reach their full potential, whilst working towards personal recovery goals. Ultimately our aim is to reintroduce and maintain daily living skills alongside psycho-social interventions necessary to equip people to live more independently in the community with confidence.
Working alongside a full and varied multi-disciplinary team consisting of consultant psychiatrists, doctors, mental health nurses, art therapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, support workers and project workers, you will develop therapeutic relationships with service users, and help them the to develop appropriate coping strategies and skills for independent living. Douglas House is a unique environment that gets great results for its service users and has a friendly, caring and inclusive team.
The Ideal Candidate
We are a 24 hour service and as such, we are looking for an experienced RMN to play a key role within the multi-disciplinary team. Your role will involve working 37 hours per week including night shifts (which are self-rostered and very flexible).
You will be fully engaged in a range of activities such as: taking part in clinical audits, acting as a primary nurse for nominated service users, participating in MDT reviews, and within the CPA process. Acting as a professional role model, you will also take part in clinical supervision and offer supervision to more junior members of staff and act as a mentor for student nurses.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC renewal registration fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.