Mental Health Nurse RMN - Birchwood
We are looking for a Registered Mental Health Nurse to join our well established and experienced team at Birchwood, Oldham. The service is a 16 bed rehabilitation service offering support to both men and women from the Oldham and surrounding region. We specialise in helping people move on to Independent Community Living after lengthy period on hospitals wards and specialist services. Our team is made up of Registered Mental Health Nurses, Support Workers and a host of Activity Providers and together we provide the resources that enable people to build upon their recovery and achieve their goals. We work collaboratively with community Mental and Physical Health Services to ensure people have the best chance of success.
In return for your hard work, dedication and commitment, we can offer the opportunity to grow, learn and develop as a Mental Health Nurse in an environment that is focused on recovery. We will provide you with a range of training opportunities as well as the opportunity to gain new experiences through working within other services cross the organisation.
We aspire to work in true partnership with those that we support, identifying personal goals, creatively offering opportunities and encouraging everyone to reach their full potential. Our aim is to reintroduce and maintain daily living skills alongside psycho-social interventions necessary to equip people to live more independently in the community with confidence.
You will be fully engaged in a range of activities such as: taking part in clinical audits, acting as a Name Nurse, participating in MDT reviews, and within the CPA process. Acting as a professional role model, you will also take part in clinical supervision, offering supervision to more junior members of staff and acting as a mentor for student nurses.
The Ideal Candidate
We are a 24-hour service and as such, we are looking for an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse to play a key role within the multi-disciplinary team. You will show leadership and be able to adapt to situations you are presented with in a calm and professional manner. Your role will involve working 37 hours per week including night rotation.
If you are someone who understands the importance of recovery and are passionate about seeing people achieve their best, then we want to hear from you.
We are happy to offer a Preceptor Programme for newly qualified Registered Mental Health Nurses.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- NMC renewal registration fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.
Following new legislation affecting all CQC registered care homes, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.