Locality Manager - Derby, Staffordshire and Wolverhampton
At Turning Point, we support people across England with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health. Making a real difference to their lives, you’ll motivate, manage and grow a team of service managers to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
As a Locality Manager you will manage our current provision of support and play a lead role in future growth and development within the allocated regions. The support provided is as varied as the people we support but with a particular emphasis and expertise of supporting individuals with complex support needs. As one of our management team, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities and mental health, you’ll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our supported living and registered care services for adults with learning disabilities and mental health. As Locality Manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality support, all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied role, you’ll need to ensure quality, compliance and financial viability are high on the agenda. You will carry out audits and support Service Managers to implement support plans and handle operational management for the regions.
The Ideal Candidate
Managing a team through a time of change, management experience and a background of working across multi-sites in a similar role will be a real advantage. The ability to meet financial and business targets will be just as important, as will a track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community. Flexibility is essential, you’ll also have a full driving license and access to a car. In return, we can offer generous benefits that include retail discounts, excellent training and the scope to progress your career with a sector leader.
To be considered for this role you must have;
- Experienced registered manager with CQC
- Understanding, working knowledge of differing requirements in registered care settings and supported living registrations
- Working in a Learning Disability environment
- Experience of managing large teams across multiple services
- Experience of remote auditing, action planning, proven track record of meeting regulatory and contractual compliance
- Leadership skills -coaching, positive challenge of staff conduct, development of individual service design, adaptation of management style.
- Business development – opening and developing new services, positive commissioner relationships, sound working knowledge of applying policy into practice
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities - we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 33 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 35 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.