Lead Pharmacist - Substance Misuse
Part Time: 15 Hours Per Week
Please Note: A Full UK Driving License and Access to a Vehicle is an essential requirement.
Turning Point is one of the UK's leading not-for-profit health and social care organisations providing a truly holistic approach to the care of service users.
We’re currently recruiting for a Lead Pharmacist to provide expert leadership and clinical knowledge to support the Turning Point Senior Clinical Team and Pharmacy Support services team. The post holder will support the delivery of high quality, cost effective; evidence based pharmaceutical services across Turning Point substance misuse services.
- Provide clinical pharmacy input and oversight of prescribing procedures and policies
- Research current best practice and evidence base for pharmacological management of substance misuse problems.
- Respond to complex clinical queries from prescribers
- Provide clinical pharmacy input into case discussions and case reviews
- Support services in discussions and relationship building with LPCs and other stakeholders
- Provide education and training on pharmacotherapies
- Provide supervision and peer review to colleagues
- Support audit and quality improvement work including development and monitoring of relevant action plans
- Contribute pharmaceutical advice for the development and implementation of new services which have medicinal components
- Offer guidance to Head of Medicines Optimisation on audits in Medicines Optimisation
- Represent Turning Point as a stakeholder on any relevant national initiatives e.g. Dept. of Health & Social Care, NICE and NPSA.
- Deputize for the Head of Medicines Optimisation and Pharmacy as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Pharmacist registered with the GPhC
- 5 years’ experience within substance misuse
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Produce timely, accurate and concise written communications
- Work effectively, independently and as a team member
- Demonstrates accountability for delivering professional expertise
- Meets DBS reference standards and has a clear criminal record, in line with the law on spent convictions
- Able to work from home
- Access to own transport and ability to travel to services and head offices (Manchester and London)
- In depth therapeutic and clinical knowledge and understanding of the principles of evidence-based healthcare.
- An appreciation of the nature of substance misuse services and a minimum of five years recent substance misuse experience
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information in an understandable form
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office and remote working
- Able to obtain and analyse complex clinical information
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- GPhC Registration Renewal fee paid for
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £200 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.