Involvement, Peer Mentor and Volunteer Team Leader - Total Wellbeing Luton
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Total Wellbeing Luton Service as a Involvement, Volunteer and Peer Mentor Team Leader. Total Wellbeing supports people living in Luton who want to improve their physical and emotional health.
This role requires someone passionate about promoting physical and emotional wellbeing and will require someone who is energetic and enthusiastic about engaging with individuals and groups of people who may need our service.
As the Involvement, Peer Mentor and Volunteer Team Leader you will be supporting the daily function of a physical and mental health service.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Co-production with and involvement of people we support and the local community to further shape and develop our service
- Recruiting to and overseeing our volunteers, service users reps, and Kick-start placements
- Working alongside other managers to promote the service internally and externally and creating content and posting on social media
- Leading and supporting the service’s marketing plan internally and externally.
You will also be responsible for leading on the development of our organisational Peer Mentoring Programme and support the recruitment and involvement of volunteers within the service.
In this role you will have opportunity to make a real difference to people who have concerns about their physical and emotional health in areas such as smoking, weight management, suffering from a Long Term Condition or experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of depression, anxiety and low mood.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to possess or willing to work towards a Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
You are likely to be someone with outstanding written, telephone and face-to-face communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively, independently, and as part of a busy management team. You are likely to have a background in involvement and have experience of managing people and/or volunteers.
The role will also include the line management of staff throughout the service in different positions so having experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team would be beneficial.
Our services operate across a variety of days and hours to include Saturdays and evening work to support our clients when they need it the most.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.