Interim Team Leader - Leamington Spa
At Turning Point, we support people with learning disabilities across England. As a Team Leader, you'll make a real difference to the lives of the people we support as you provide high quality services that support each of our service users to achieve their full potential. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own and lead by example
The Team Leader will provide support to the manager across two of our residential services in Warwickshire (CV31). This role involves managing the support for 9 individuals across two locations with a variety of support needs.
Staff will develop communication skills and work in a person centred way to enhance lives bringing quality to everyday living within a well-established staff team.
We endeavor to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals’ lives in a person centered way which includes various activities such as shopping, supporting the individual with social outings and maintaining family ties. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible. Raising the bar for person-centered care, you'll provide support, which means not only putting their well-being first, but building and maintaining relationships with their families and friends.
We will offer a varied and interesting training and development package to develop you as a line manager and support you in the role.
The shifts will include days and nights, weekends and public holidays. The shifts will include days and nights, weekends and public holidays. The role is for full time at 37 hours per week, 30 hours off rota and 7 hours on.
You and your team will develop flexible and realistic support plans and risk assessments with the individuals you support and in collaboration with family members and other professionals, ensuring that the support plans reflect each person's needs goals and aspirations. Part of the role will include administering medication, Producing and reviewing support plans and risk assessments, chairing a variety of meetings, completing Mental Capacity Assessments, holding Best Interest meetings and completing DOLS applications. Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems is necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for Team Leaders who can quickly adapt within busy and changeable environments. Not only will you need the ability to lead a team of Support Workers on a shift, allocate work and delegate tasks, you will be expected to directly line manage a team of support staff. This will include managing sickness, supervisions and appraisals, managing performance issues, coaching and mentoring. We expect our Team Leaders to bring the strong communication skills needed to tailor their message to a variety of audiences.
You should be a team player with some experience gained in the care sector - preferably a working knowledge of supporting individuals who have a learning disability.
Following new legislation affecting all CQC registered care homes, all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics