IDTS Team Leader - HMP Thameside
At Turning Point, we support people across England with substance misuse issues. As a IDTS Team Leader, you'll make a real difference to their lives as you develop the personal, flexible and realistic support packages they need to help turn things around.
Turning Point have been providing drug and alcohol services to adults in HMP Thameside since it opened in March 2012. This is a well established contract with strong partnerships and commercial relationships in place. Robust systems are in place to ensure contract demands are met (ALL KPIs have been achieved since contract commencement). The Prison population is 1235 Adult Male Category B London Local.
- You will play a pivotal role in ensuring safe delivery of IDTS clinical and Psycho-social services to the most vulnerable and High Risk offenders in the secure estate.
- You will ensure Robust procedures are in place to mitigate and asses risk, and ensure effective partnership working with many agencies providing safe and effective through care.
- You will have experience of managing challenging staff (in terms of different levels of experience) from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong understanding of policies and procedures as well as managing to high performance standard.
- Undertake HR related duties including supervisions, appraisals, recruitment and selection and support
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be resilient, working for a Deputy Operations Manager that will demand and expect the highest level of standards/ achievement/ communication
- You will have an MOJ background
- You will know the criminal justice pathways into and out of the Prison estate
- You will have a working knowledge of IDTS in the secure estate and an understanding of the core standards required by NHSE / PHE
- You will have a working knowledge of the law in relation to safeguarding, homelessness and vulnerable adults
- Proven track record of managing clinical and psychosocial services for people with substance misuse issue
- Experience of managing multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills and partnership working
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.