Housing Recovery Worker - Wakefield Inspiring Recovery
Turning Point is a leading Social Enterprise which supports people with a wide range of complex needs across Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Substance Misuse and Public Health. We are currently recruiting for a Recovery Worker to work in our Wakefield Inspiring Integrated Substance Misuse Service, where you’ll have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support who are experiencing difficulties from drugs and alcohol usage.
Passionate about people, you’ll enjoy the opportunity and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career within a social enterprise. So if you’re ambitious and ready for a fresh challenge with a sector leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
To assist in delivering TP’s Substance Misuse strategy by planning and providing high quality, innovative care which reflects our person centred values and the high levels of ambition we have for the recovery of the individuals for whom we provide support. You will work with housing providers, supported accommodation, homeless provision and hostels to provide support and pathways.
Working flexibly in a variety of settings to create care and support plans that meet the needs of the service and clients in accordance with the recovery agenda, by;-
- Developing strength-based recovery plans with individuals that are; comprehensive, person-centred and individualised based on a clear assessment of that individual’s needs and circumstances.
- Involving individuals and their family/advocates in the planning of the individual’s care.
- Completing accurate, person-centred and individualised risk assessments.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge and experience of working with housing providers.
- Proven verbal and written communications that can be modified to different situations
- Collaborative team working skills
- Adaptable and resilient to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Ability to deliver against agreed goals, targets and outcomes.
- Experience of working with service users who are alcohol dependant.
- Substance and Alcohol misuse knowledge
- Evidence that demonstrates DANOS competence
- Recovery caseload management of both high volumes and complex nature
- Able to deliver client interventions in a person- centred way
- Demonstrable skills and knowledge in assessing risk presented by clients to themselves and others
- Harm reduction, suicide and self harm awareness
- Wide and flexible range of client interventions
- Management of incidents of a violent or aggressive nature
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.
“Legislation recently introduced, which will come into force on 1 April 2022 means that for our services that conduct “Regulated Activity” as defined by the CQC, require us to ensure that any applicant is able to evidence at least one COVID-19 vaccination with a planned date scheduled for the second vaccination to take place by 1st April 2022 – therefore all offers will be made subject to candidates providing satisfactory evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status (or relevant exemption). Details of what will amount to satisfactory evidence can be provided upon request”