High Intensity Therapist (PCEC-CfD / IPT / DIT) - Wakefield
Everyone's Turning Point is unique. It's the moment when they realise they've made a small, but important, step forward. Very often, that small step is the start of something bigger. But only when the right support, advice and services are in place. That's where you come in, working as part of our Talking Therapies service, our highly successful and innovative 'Improving Access to Psychological Therapies' (IAPT) delivery model.
We support people who are having difficulty in coping and who may be suffering from a common mental illness such as depression, anxiety or phobias. Our approach embeds the notion of well-being and recovery and promotes personal responsibility for lifestyle choices and self-management of mental well-being. For our clients, this has resulted in a highly accessible and user-friendly service available across a wide geographical area.
We are looking to recruit a High Intensity Therapist who has completed one (or more) of the following modalities:
- Person Centred Experiential Counsellor (PCEC)/Counsellor for Depression (CfD) IAPT qualification
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT)
You must have a qualification in this modality and of course be BACP/UKCP accredited or working towards. Alongside vast experience of working within Mental Health, you'll have a proven ability to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients and working relationships with your colleagues. You'll manage your own caseload whilst working towards both service and individual targets.
We offer regular masterclasses to upskill our therapists and support their career development as well as opportunities to access additional modality training. We provide excellent opportunities for development in this role through access to training around areas of specialism such as supervision, long-term conditions, cultural diversity etc. You will work with your supervisor and line manager to make sure development and CPD plans are in place for your ongoing growth. There are also many opportunities for career progression into areas of leadership or further clinical training.
The Ideal Candidate
If you're inspired by the social model of mental health that works holistically according to need rather than diagnosis and would like to help us achieve our vision, we can offer a competitive remuneration package and excellent training and development opportunities.
In return, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career with us. Excellent opportunities for both CPD and clinical innovation are available within the service.
We have an active wellbeing working group made up staff from within various different roles in the service who work together to organise events, keep people connected and provide information and support helping to make this a really great place to work. We also offer the opportunity to manage your wellbeing by working flexibly and there are lots of opportunities to ensure this can work for you as well as our clients. We pay incentivised rates of pay for weekend working and additional hours.
You will be required to work on an outreach and rota basis in the community as the service operates 7 days per week.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Off one joining bonus - T&C's apply
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive sufficient applicants before the advertised closed date.