High Intensity CBT Therapist - Wakefield Talking Therapies (Flexible working hours)
We are currently recruiting for exciting opportunities to join Turning Point and be part of our highly successful and innovative ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) service. At Wakefield Talking Therapies we specialise in evidence–based psychological therapies and we are looking for qualified High Intensity CBT Therapists to join the team.
Whether you are an experienced CBT Therapist or you are newly qualified, you’ll join our team in Wakefield delivering step 3 high intensity interventions and as a key member of the team, you will be working closely with our clinical team to maintain our high standard and help us to develop this further.
We support people in the local area who are having difficulty in coping and who may be suffering from a common mental illness such as depression, anxiety or phobias. Our approach embeds the notion of well–being and recovery and promotes personal responsibility for lifestyle choices and self–management of mental well–being. For our clients, this has resulted in a highly accessible and user–friendly service available across a wide geographical area.
As a CBT Therapist you’ll be managing your own caseload providing evidence based treatments. We offer a high standard of in house clinical supervision and training with BABCP accredited supervisors. We offer regular masterclasses to upskill our therapists and support their career development as well as opportunities to access additional modality training.
We provide excellent opportunities for development in this role through access to training around areas of specialism such as supervision, long-term conditions, cultural diversity etc. You will work with your supervisor and line manager to make sure development and CPD plans are in place for your ongoing growth. There are also many opportunities for career progression into areas of leadership or further clinical training.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to hold a qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and have BABCP accreditation or be eligible and working towards this. Alongside extensive experience of working within Mental Health, you’ll have a proven ability to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients and working relationships with your colleagues.
In return, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career with us. Excellent opportunities for both CPD and clinical innovation are available within the service.
We have an active wellbeing working group made up staff from within various different roles in the service who work together to organise events, keep people connected and provide information and support helping to make this a really great place to work. We also offer the opportunity to manage your wellbeing by working flexibly and, as the service is open 7 days a week there are lots of opportunities to ensure this can work for you as well as our clients.
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our Total Reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
- 31 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
- Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
- Access to Blue Light Card membership
If you are a qualified CBT Therapist and are looking for an exciting career opportunity we would love to hear from you!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
- Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
- Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
- Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
- Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics